SPUG: new CPAN shell and LWP::Simple

apv apv at sedition.com
Fri Dec 30 11:22:54 PST 2005

I just upgraded my LWP (on OS X 10.2) via CPAN without incident.

Why don't you bypass it though to see if it's your problem?

Get this and unzip it:

cd into the new dir and then try

perl Makefile.PL && make && make test && sudo make install

Note the "sudo." You should not be running as root so you'll need
to do that to install stuff.

I recommend NOT installing the GET, HEAD, POST aliases on OS X.
The case insensitivity of the system causes a clash with another
core package (which one slips my mind right now).

(sorry for the *triple reply, Ramon, I didn't reply-all the first time,
and the spug-list rejected my mail b/c of the address the second; sigh)