SPUG: Living in Seattle

Prak B geekinfo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 09:11:48 PDT 2005

Good point.
I am came here on H1 visa, and trust me it's not a joy ride.
Being on work visa, if you lose your job, you have to leave the
country right away as per law. Though there is a grace period of
couple of weeks to get another visa, but that's not enough to get
another one.
What this means is, you have to leave everything you have, and just
pack your bags and go back. This is one aspect you should do some
research about before making a decision.
You should get your employer to do green card processing for you as
soon as you arrive, if you have plans to stay here permanently.

Thanks
Prak