SPUG: Chip Salzenberg Defense Fund

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.com
Thu Aug 4 09:42:04 PDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005, Ken Meyer wrote:
>I spent 10 minute on the linked site and still have essentially no idea what
>this dispute is about.  Can you elaborate?

It appears to me that Chip found the company was engaging in
highly dubious practices (e.g. scraping information from web
sites using zombied proxies without their owners permission), and
sent the company a letter advising them of the illegality of
their actions and that he would have no part of it.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

There's no trick to being a humorist when you have the whole government
working for you.
                -- Will Rogers