SPUG: JOB: Perl Software Developer, Search, Seattle
jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Wed Aug 3 13:32:34 PDT 2005
Perl software developer position at Jobster, working on their core
vertical job search engine.
Jobster provides the leading targeted job advertising service, allowing
companies to go beyond active jobseekers and enabling the highest quality
professionals to stand out from the crowd. Jobster is a well-funded
startup with a close knit team and fun working environment. Our offices
are a loft in Seattle's Pioneer Square area. We offer competitive
benefits and salary packages.
This is a permanent position. Candidates will work on site in the Seattle
area; they must be US Citizens or have a green card.
To apply for this opportunity, or to forward it on, please use the
following link: http://service.jobster.com/view.html?i=XKGEBHUVZUAP
Position: Perl Software Developer, Search (Engineering)
Join the team that builds Jobster's core vertical job search engine. We
are a small but growing development team operating on rapid development
cycles, so your impact on the Jobster product can be felt immediately!
Fun, casual working environment with a great team.
- Minimum 3 years experience building scalable web-based
- Advanced OO Perl experience required
- Experience with Apache web server - specifically Mod_Perl under
Apache on Linux is preferred
- Database development expertise (DBI) is required and MySQL is
- Experience with fulltext search engines like Lucene and swish-e
- Must be comfortable with an open source-like development
environment including tools like Linux, CVS (or equivalent), Vi or
Emacs, Bash, CPAN etc.
More information about the spug-list