SPUG: Meet at amazon.com Pac-Med office?

Andrew Sweger andrew at sweger.net
Wed Sep 22 10:57:40 CDT 2004

C.J. Collier, a longtime SPUG member and recent new hire at amazon.com,
has done all the footwork to provide SPUG the opportunity to hold our
monthly meetings in the A/V room at the amazon.com Pac-Med office (near
the I-5 & I-90 interchange). The arrangement would be similar to the years
we met at Safeco tower in the U-district (visitor sign-in, escort to
meeting room). C.J. is offering to sponsor our group in meeting there and
will be our representative (ambassador?) to the company (like Dora Choi
was for Safeco).

So, what do folks think about this?

Some information I already know folks will need include: access from
freeway, parking availability nearby, size of room, projector, Internet
access, nearby food/drink establishments for pre- and post-meeting
activity. C.J. will try to provide some of that when he has a chance. I'll
work on gathering some of this information next week when I'm back in
town. What else do folks need to know (as if the location wasn't enough)?

Discuss.

(We're tentatively lining things up to meet there for our 19 October
meeting. We are still welcome to meet at Geospiza for the foreseeable
future.)

--
Andrew B. Sweger -- The great thing about multitasking is that several
                                things can go wrong at once.