SPUG: Helpme!!! net:snmp

Jess Ross dark_ros at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 1 19:09:02 CDT 2004

use Net::SNMP;
# pass read/write:private

my $ip_AP = '';
my $sysContact = '';
my $type = OCTET_STRING;
my $value = 'Jesus Ros';

my ($session, $error) = Net::SNMP->session( -hostname  => shift || $ip_AP,
                                            -community => shift ||
         if (!defined($session)) {
               printf("Error session: %s \n", $error);
               exit 1;
my $result = $session->set_request( -varbindlist => [$sysContact, $type,

   if (!defined($result)) {
      printf("ERROR: %s.\n", $session->error());
      exit 1;
   exit 0;
It errors out saying:
ERROR: Received noSuchName(2) error-status at error-index 0.
I execute this scrip in host wireless towards a Access Point. I'm use the
community and pasword correct.  Why it marks east error to me?.

Platica con tus amigos en linea con T1msn Messenger