SPUG: txt -> db

Brian Maddux brianmaddux at yahoo.com
Tue May 11 15:39:40 CDT 2004

Do you have DBI and DBD::ODBC available?

With DBI, its quite easy to create a little script
that takes a SQL file (containing an insert statement)
and a text file and load all lines from the text file
into the database.

I use this technique with insert and update statements
almost everyday.

I'd be happy to go into more detail if DBI is an
option.

Here's something I'm curious about.... could this be
solved with OLE?

Brian
--- Dave Coleman <coleman_dave at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am working on a project to read the contents of a
> plain text file
> generated daily, and place that content into a
> database.  The target is a
> .mdb.  I remember somebody was playing with db
> manipulation a few weeks ago,
> but never heard an outcome.
> I see mods on cpan to convert formats to/from SQL,
> and many other wonderful
> tools that I have no use for at the moment.
> Anybody have a mod they would
> recommend for a simple MS Access interface?
> ( this client is limited to MS products.  I
> apologize on their behalf )
>
> dave

> MEETINGS: 3rd Tuesdays, Location Unknown
> WEB PAGE: http://www.seattleperl.org

=====
Brian Maddux                    Whidbey Island, WA
brianmaddux at yahoo.com