SPUG: Geocoding System

James Moore james at banshee.com
Wed Mar 24 10:13:20 CST 2004

Last time I looked, the way to go was to grab the TIGER dataset from the US
Census.  The last update was in 1990, so it's somewhat out-of-date, but may
be good enough for your purposes.  (Lots of commercial products are based on
this data, but they do their own updates).  There's a Geo::TigerLine module
on CPAN that I'd take a look at, but the doc page says it's unfinished.

The data files give you a location (lat/long) for a street address range, so
actually doing the lookup should be trivial.

 - James
     james.moore at ziprealty.com