SPUG: re:humble print statement for debugging

Andrew Sweger andrew at sweger.net
Tue Mar 23 12:03:28 CST 2004

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Kristi Anderson wrote:

> I've just recently added perl to the list of languages of which I know
> just enough to be dangerous.  One thing I've noticed about all of them
> is that you can almost always easily figure out how to use print or
> show or display or printf or cout, but to learn the debugger of each
> is considerably more time consuming.

But that time pays big dividends. Every person I have taught how to use
the Perl debugger has exclaimed how they could have saved so much more
time in the past had they known how to use it. Of course, the same can be
said for so many other time saving bits of knowledge too.

--
Andrew B. Sweger -- The great thing about multitasking is that several
                                things can go wrong at once.