SPUG: TPJ wants Perl on Windoze article

El JoPe Magnifico ext-spug at jope.net
Fri Mar 19 22:16:17 CST 2004

Speaking of which: At one point a few (?) years ago, there was a
commercial "Pro" version of SpamAssassin for Winders sold by Deersoft.
Deersoft was acquired my McAfee beginning of last year and its
product was folded into McAfee's existing SpamKiller product.

My question was whether SAPro/SpamKiller was/is still based on Perl,
or a rewrite in some other language and maybe just using the PCRE
library for the regex?  I asked after the SpamAssassin talk at the
BSD meeting last night, but no one knew.

Same question applies to the Windows version of Spamnix, of which
it seems the OSX version is indeed Perl-based.
 -jp