SPUG: Last night's meeting

Michael R. Wolf MichaelRWolf at att.net
Wed Mar 17 14:07:46 CST 2004

David Dyck <david.dyck at fluke.com> writes:

> On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 at 10:22 -0800, Tim Maher <tim at consultix-inc.com> wrote:
>
>> AFAIK, there's no way to preserve the activities of an
>> interactive debugging session, and replay them at a future time.
>
> It would be nice to have "sticky" breakpoints!

Yes!!! I don't like having to re-set my breakpoints on every edit
cycle. The 'R' (Attempt a restart) command can be helpful in many of
these cases. Just use 'b sub_name' instead of 'b line_number'
whereever you can.

Michael

P.S. Actually, *I* don't have to do that all the time since I use
*emacs* to run the dugger. I get to edit and debug without usually
leaving the debugger. The active debugger session remembers all my
'b sub_name' list. The 'b line_number' stuff is very likely to change
within a file I'm editing, but is still OK in unchanged files.

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!
        MichaelRWolf at att.net