SPUG: SPUG is *not* dead!

Lee Colleton lee at colleton.net
Sun Mar 14 23:42:45 CST 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 16:29, Michael R. Wolf wrote:
> "I'm not dead yet."
>
> There *will* be a SPUG meeting next Tuesday.
Great!  I'll be there, depending on where *there* is..

> Formal announcement to follow. In the mean time, here's an informal
> announcemnt:
>
>  >==========================================================>
>  > Date: Tuesday, March 16                                  >
>  > Time: 7-9 p.m.                                           >
>  > Place: To Be Determined                                  >
To this I recommend Espresso Vivace (mentioned previously[1])

>  > Primary presentation:                                    >
>  >     The Perl Debugger                                    >
>  >         by Andy Sweger                                   >
>  >                                                          >
>  > Informal presentations:                                  >
>  >     Project lightning talks                              >
>  >         by all of us                                     >
>  >     (follow-up "hack session" on Thursday)               >
I can give a lightning talk about a CD Library project I'm working on.
I'm wondering if the hack session will be in a physical location or is
it an online meeting?

>     Questions:
>
>         Meeting space is valuable. What's your price sensitivity for
>         personal contributions toward *rented* space? Many of the
>         professional meetings I attend cover this expense by yearly
>         membership dues or per-meeting contributions of at least $10.
>         I think we could minimize the cost, but as in
>         life/business/engineering, there are trade-offs. What do you
>         think?
I support meeting in free venues like libraries and coffee shops.  Ten
dollars per meeting is currently beyond my means.  Would there be a
student rate for this fee?  I could manage 5$ meeting I think.

Regards,
--
Lee Colleton <lee at colleton.net>

[1]Message-Id: <1077653174.1299.33.camel at raven>