SPUG: need help with Class::Methodmaker and tieing hash to DBM

Dan Roscigno roscign1 at roscigno.com
Mon Mar 1 13:27:27 CST 2004

Hi All,
I am trying to figure out how to tie a hash to a DBM file whie using
Class::Methodmaker.  Here is what I think I do:

1) subclass Tie::Hash with methods that use MLDBM
2) specify the above subclass in the use Class:Methodmaker statement

Is this correct?  If so then what I am looking for is some hand
holding with step 1.  I am guessing that I would want to look at the
name of the object and the hash that is tied and use that to specify
my DBM file.  I have never worked with tie or DBM before, so I am
not too sure about this.  If someone could give me a nudge in the
correct direction I think I can get started.

Thanks,
Dan Roscigno