SPUG: recommendations? TTT and/or MIME::Tools

Michael R. Wolf MichaelRWolf at att.net
Fri Jun 25 09:19:12 CDT 2004

I'm working on a project that uses a MIME message to encapsulate other
HTML messages (RFC 2557 -- HTML Encapsulation of Aggregate Documents,
such as HTML). I've used the MIME::Tools in the past. I like them
because they hide some of the particulars (i.e. header names) behind
the encapsulated interface.

On the other hand, I recently picked up the Template Toolkit book, and
am impressed with the way it separates the content from the
programming logic. Since I'm only on page 60, my knowledge is
incomplete, but it's got me wondering whether/how to use it on this
project.

Anyone ever done an either/or analysis on which way to go?

Or can they both exist? And if so, what sucessful design pattern or
architecture have you seen that couples them?

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!
        MichaelRWolf at att.net