SPUG: Re: Can this even be done?

Aaron W. West tallpeak at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 22 15:22:45 CDT 2004

Sounds pretty trivial...shouldn't be hard with LWP. Grab the html, do a
couple of replacements, then spew the text out to your CGI user.

eg, replace "<input size=10 maxlength=10 name=TO>"
with: "<input size=10 maxlength=10 name=TO value=\"$phone\">"

You would also have to change: action="send_message_cgi.asp" to:
action="http://storefront.metrocall.com/Send_a_Message/send_message_cgi.asp"

Although I see little reason to do this.

Why not display your own page to the user and post the information to the
send_message_cgi.asp page from your perl script, then display the reponse to
the user?