SPUG: Redmond Speech-processing contract
tim at consultix-inc.com
Wed Jan 28 13:33:03 CST 2004
The Butler Hill Group seeks a detail-oriented database and scripting guru
for a 10-month contract opportunity with a client in Redmond.
Tasks include moving large quantities of speech data from hard media to a
fixed directory structure, cataloguing large quantities of data in a SQL
database, identifying errors in file formats, and converting files to a
standard sound file format.
We can provide an excellent, fast-paced, challenging work environment, as
well as a competitive hourly rate, paid as self-employment (1099) income.
* Competent with PERL scripts, VB, VBS, C++, UNIX tools, Macros, Stored
Procedures, SQL queries, Excel, system management
* Regular expressions and text processing; developing scripting solutions
to quickly isolate particular text fragments from semi-structured text
* Extensive experience developing in a Windows environment, including
setting folder permissions.
* Extremely detail-oriented, highly organized, high levels of initiative,
excellent communication skills, project management skills, ability to
multitask with rapidly shifting priorities
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Enthusiastic about speech technology and willing to contribute to this
* Work on-site in Redmond, WA
* Willing to build a long term relationship with BHG and its client. The
initial contract will be for the remainder of the calendar year; however,
we hope that the right person will be available for part-time (flexible
schedule) work beyond that period.
* US Work authorization (citizen or permanent resident)
* experience with speech data or sound files
This work will be full-time for approximately 5 months, and part-time
(maintenance mode) for the remainder of the contract period, with possible
followup work after that.
To apply, please send a resume or CV to sdo at butlerhill.com by January 30,
More information about the spug-list