SPUG: talk proposal: Perl debugger intro

Andrew Sweger andrew at sweger.net
Sat Feb 21 16:56:28 CST 2004

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004, Bill Campbell wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 21, 2004, Andrew Sweger wrote:
> >I was digging through my archive of SPUG mail and came across someone
> >preaching about the goodness of the Perl debugger. Have we already had a
> >presentation on this recently? Is there interest in having a live walk
> >through with the debugger (as an intro to how it can save your butt and
> >sanity)? I'm willing (and I need the practice).
>
> Perhaps with some discussion of using the debugger under the
> graphic ``ddd'' tool?

Well, I've never actually used any of Perl's graphical debuggers. That
might make for an interesting challenge. But I prefer to get folks started
on the bare metal, so to speak, where things are really happening. Maybe I
could make the last half cover using ddd (assuming I get it working okay).

--
Andrew B. Sweger -- The great thing about multitasking is that several
                                things can go wrong at once.