SPUG: @INC on Windows

ced at carios2.ca.boeing.com ced at carios2.ca.boeing.com
Tue Feb 3 17:07:59 CST 2004

> Anyone know how to permanently add a path to @INC on Windows? The reason I'm
> not using perl/lib or perl/site/lib is because I'd like to keep custom
> modules separate from the standard ActiveState install.

Need a rebuild to add permanently... however there are various
ways to add other directories on the fly. From perlfa8:

    How do I add a directory to my include path at runtime?

     Here are the suggested ways of modifying your include path:

     the PERLLIB environment variable
     the PERL5LIB environment variable
     the perl -Idir command line flag
     the use lib pragma, as in
         use lib "$ENV{HOME}/myown_perllib";

     The latter is particularly useful because it knows about
     machine dependent architectures.  The lib.pm pragmatic
     module was first included with the 5.002 release of Perl.

Charles DeRykus