SPUG: Re: spug-list Digest, Vol 18, Issue 12

bergeron at stu.beloit.edu bergeron at stu.beloit.edu
Wed Dec 29 10:00:31 CST 2004

I would just point out that %ENV is a builtin hash, not an
array, although they're sort of interchangable in perl.

I'm also not sure what Sachin means when he says "> i am
using path /usr/bin/perl for executing a perl .pm file from
within the file".  Sachin, are you trying to include a
perlmod here, or actually execute another perl script?

You're probably doing something like using ENV() (with
parentheses) instead
of ENV{} (with curly brackets). ENV{} is a builtin array
that holds your
environment variables. ENV() is a function you would have to

On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 06:14:05PM +0550, Sachin Chaturvedi
> i am working in linux platform with a perl script.
> i am using path /usr/bin/perl for executing a perl .pm
file from within the file
> but i am facing a problem that it gives message like
> Can't call method "ENV" without a package or object
reference at ....
> when there is a reference to ENV .
> Is this problem with perl version as this script has been
written for perl5plus
and i am using /bin/perl OR