SPUG: RE - using ActivePerl coming from UNIX land

aaron salo aaron at activox.com
Thu Dec 23 10:41:12 CST 2004

Tim Maher wrote:

>Is the abilitye to use the "wrong slash-angle" an ActivePerl enhancement
>or a standard Perl feature?

It sure makes it a lot easier to write cross platform perl, whatever the
origin. I've never used ActiveState perl on any platform other than
Win32, do the other ActiveState packages behave the same? I always
presumed it was a conscious concession to cross-platform portability. I
am ashamed to admit I do not remember whether the predecessor package
(prior to being benevolently inhaled by ActiveState) had the same behavior.

~!a