SPUG: RE - using ActivePerl coming from UNIX land

Dave Coleman coleman_dave at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 22 15:44:33 CST 2004

Brian ( and any other SPUGsters interested )
  I use ActivePerl for most everything, as my current employer is afriad of
things with x's in their names.  I have worked on UNIX systems, but not
nearly as much.  For the most part, I don't think you'll have any  problems,
unless you really like to use system commands.  The biggest hassle you will
have is trying to communicate with ActivePerl programmers using UNIX world
terms.  I would be more than happy to assist in any way I can, although I
doubt you'll have any trouble.

I'm considering using ActivePerl for my next project. I've only programmed
PERL under UNIX (SGI, SUN, FreeBSD, Linux) previously so I'm wondering what
it would be like using ActivePerl. Is it a hassle, simple, ?

Any opinions?

-Brian Schieber
Vashon, WA
206-383-7750 cell / 206-463-2451 home