SPUG: Update friendly community site in PERL

Islandman schieb at centurytel.net
Fri Dec 10 13:23:23 CST 2004

Out here on Vashon Island we have an animal rescue group which is a
volunteer ASPCA essentially. The group lists cats and dogs available for
adoption, lost, found, ongoing events and the like.

I've been their volunteer webmaster for a while now. I'd like to redo the
site with PERL as key component in the development.

The most important feature the site should have is the ability for non-tech
members to be able to SIMPLY update items through a web interface. They
should be able to enter a new kitty, pup or fundraiser event without having
wait for me to get around to it. Of course they should also have the
capability to remove same and date stamp an event to remove automatically.
There are a few other needed features but these are the key needs.

I'm know a number of ways I could do this but thought before I get started
I'd throw the idea out to SPUG. I'm hoping you might help point me to the
smartest, most useful approach.  Any ideas?

-Brian Schieber
Vashon, WA
bschieber at centurytel.net