SPUG: ShortestWikiContest

Asim Jalis asim at pair.com
Thu Aug 26 13:49:44 CDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 08:47:36PM -0700, Brian Ingerson wrote:
> On 23/08/04 16:19 -0400, Asim Jalis wrote:
> > Here is an extension of the Perl Golf idea: There is a shortest
> > wiki contest over on
> >
> > http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ShortestWikiContest
>
>     use Kwiki;Kwiki->new->load_hub->process
>
> 39 chars! :P

Heh.

But seriously, this could be much shorter, if Kwiki supported
something like:

use Kwiki; Kwiki::process

25 chars.

It seems to me that while OO has many advantages, one downside to
it is that it makes the API to a library much more complex.
Procedural APIs are easier to learn and use, and can easily
encapsulate the most common use cases.

Asim