SPUG: O'Reilly Univ. of Perl, 2000

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Wed Aug 4 00:07:32 CDT 2004

>> Message submitted at: Fri Aug 25 09:42:02 PDT 2000

According to Ben Burnett:

> Hey Tim,
>
> I'm looking over the course list for the University of Perl and I'm having
> a tough time deciding what to attend.  I would really like to go to them
> all especially the Damian Conway OOP course, but if I can hear him speak at
> another time, maybe I can attend some other things at the university.  I
> seem to remember you mentioning something at the last meeting about him
> giving some talks to the SPUG while he was in town.  Is this right or is it
> just my overactive imagination?

Damian will give a talk to SPUG in early October, but it will be one of
his short, brilliantly wacky ones, probably Lingua::Romana::Perligata
(about programming in Latin using Perl), not one of the serious seminars.

In other news, I'm currently working out the details for Damian
to present a two-day version of his Adv. OOP course followed by his
one-day Text Parsing course in October, but those classes will be held in
*Chicago* - which might be a long commute for most SPUGsters!  He's not
likely to give any more classes in Seattle this year, so the Univ of Perl
might be the best way to go for you (unless Chicago is handy).

> Thanks,
>
> Ben

| Dr. Tim Maher, CEO, Consultix       (206) 781-UNIX/8649;  ask for FAX# |
| Email: tim at consultix-inc.com        Web: http://www.consultix-inc.com  |
|Training- TIM MAHER: Unix, Perl  DAMIAN CONWAY: Adv. Perl, OOP, Parsing |
|CLASSES - 8/21: Shell & Utilities  9/11: Perl&Modules  10/16: Int. Perl |

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org