SPUG: ulimit

Brian Hatch bri at ifokr.org
Wed Apr 7 23:28:38 CDT 2004

> > --
>
> Pedant Service Alert!
>
> The double-hyphen typically found in plain text emails immediately
> preceding the signature block should be followed by a space character so
> that MUA's that recognize this can chop off the signature block in
> replies.

Ahh!

Yes, yes, bad macro.  I have a habit of using machines/terminals/etc
that like to put spaces at the end of lines, which will get converted
into =20's when quoted printable, so my mailer vim wrapper automatically
strips them.  Unfortunately, it strips them from my sig too.  Fixed.

Most mailers (mutt at least) do recognize ^--$ to be a sig
delimiter too - which do you use that don't like it?

--
Brian Hatch                  It's not like esophogal-
   Systems and                retrofluxing, it is?

Every message PGP signed