mod_perl/Apache 2 fixed Re: I/O status Re: SPUG: proper

Fred Morris m3047 at inwa.net
Sun Sep 21 15:49:33 CDT 2003

At 9:23 PM 9/20/03, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
>On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 01:19:25AM -0700, Fred Morris <m3047 at inwa.net> wrote:
>> at this point I conclude CGI.pm is not the culprit (provided you
>> have the latest version from Stein's site).
>
>Weird.  CGI.pm lists different sites in the beginning comments vs. in
>the pod, and neither seems to have anything newer than 2.98.  CPAN has
>3.00 (and so does bleadperl and 5.8.1-to-be).

I originally had something older than 2.98, don't remember what. It
definitely had some issues. I did a quick search for CGI.pm at CPAN, and
I'm guessing it didn't include the standard modules since it didn't find
CGI.pm. So I went to Stein's site and got 2.98. I'm not particularly
worried about the cross-site scripting issue.. I'm not that trusting in the
first place.

*shrug* The Calendar Thingie (thank Tim for that name) works with
mod_perl/Apache 2, and I learned that Linux is trying to determine the MIDI
clock settings of my filesystem! :-\

I'm putting the box back on 1.3 now, because there's a lot of stuff on the
SuSE 8.2 distro which doesn't seem to run on A2, at least not out of the
box. Unfortunately, I have to uninstall the A2 mod_perl and install the 1.3
mod_perl so it's not quite as simple as stopping one and starting the
other.

PS: the link on the SPUG page to the S.W.A.N. is wrong,  it moved and it
now has a name: http://devil.m3047.inwa.net/... FWIW. (And no, that's not
the box running SuSE 8.2.)

--

Fred Morris