SPUG: Is there some other recommended replacement for CGI.pm with Apache2?

Adam Monsen adamm at wazamatta.com
Thu Sep 18 11:41:13 CDT 2003

Fred Morris wrote:
> Just wondering if maybe I should be moving to something else.. if there is
> anything else. Basically I use CGI.pm to get parameters and to emit
> response headers, and that's about it.

CGI.pm is a resource waster and the code looks a bit scary, but it seems
to be quite an axiom, probably because it has the most desirable
namespace. :)

CGI::Minimal is a nice drop-in replacement for CGI.pm param extraction
(similar syntax), and HTTP::Headers could be used for, uh, HTTP headers.
Both are relatively fast and lightweight. Arguably, headers aren't that
hard to conjure by hand.

--
Adam Monsen