SPUG: Wireless fun at SPUG

Andrew Sweger andrew at sweger.net
Tue Sep 16 10:40:17 CDT 2003

In theory, I will have a server and 802.11b wireless access point (and
possibly a wired hub too) at tonight's meeting for the purpose of
demonstrating Brian's Kwiki (however, we will not be demonstrating Brian's
modules[1]). The system should allow folks to connect to the private
network and interact with Brian's demonstrations. Access to the Internet
cannot be provided at this time.

I'll be working on setting up the server today (which was having hardware
problems the last time I worked on it) and hopefully everything works out.
Besides my usual procrastination, I just returned yesterday from a road
trip with my dad to see his father in Hemet, CA. Grandpa recently "broke
his neck and fell down" (which, amazingly, hasn't effected his ability to
walk and breathe). He's doing fine.

Don't forget that, if you intend to join SPUG'ers for dinner tonight, you
need to RSVP on the SPUGwiki by putting your name (or nom de plume) on
this page:

  http://spugwiki.perlocity.org/?NextMeetingDinnerRSVPs

I will not be joining folks for dinner tonight as I need to get things set
up in the auditorium. I'll call in a reservation under the name "Spug" to
the restaurant at 2:00 this afternoon based on RSVP's at that time.

[1] - It's a YAPC joke. If you don't get it, talk to me on the side and
I'll explain. It's crass.

--
Andrew B. Sweger -- The great thing about multitasking is that several
                                things can go wrong at once.