SPUG: html->pdf conversion?

Alan alan at ufies.org
Wed Oct 22 13:23:53 CDT 2003

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 10:55:50AM -0700, Tim Maher/CONSULTIX wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 10:22:25AM -0700, O'neil, Jerome wrote:
> > Have you thought about using the OpenOffice API's to do this?  Version 1.1
> > reads and writes PDF.
> >
> > -Jerome
>
> *What API?*  Tell me more!

Not sure if it'll work for your situation, but I found a bit of
information at
http://api.openoffice.org/docs/DevelopersGuide/FirstSteps/FirstSteps.htm#1+3+3+3+Make+the+office+listen
via
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2977&highlight=command+line

Might help me as well.

Regarding the html->pdf situation, it looks like you can do ooffice -p
foo.xyz and if the default printer is a postscript print to file, it'll
output to the file.  Haven't got enough set up yet.  The api.oo.o might
be good though.

alan

--
Alan <alan at ufies.org> - http://arcterex.net