SPUG: 10/21 Meeting Details

Tim Maher tim at consultix-inc.com
Mon Oct 20 11:26:09 CDT 2003

          October Seattle Perl Users Group Meeting
     Title: "Lightning Talks"
  Speakers: The SPUG Brain Trust

Meeting Time: Tuesday, Oct. 21, 2003 7-9pm
    Location: SAFECO bldg, Brooklyn St. and NE 45th St.

        Cost: Admission is free and open to the general public.
        Info: http://seattleperl.org/

This month, we'll have a selection of short talks from SPUGsters.
If anybody else wants to squeeze in a short talk, let me know.
See details below regarding RSVPs for the pre-meeting dinner.

Here's what we've got so far:

JonathanGardner
   DateTime, the solution to your date and time problems.

FredMorris
   Perl-based firewall monitoring/control gizmo. I did 5
   minutes on this at GSLUG a while back. It's here if you
   want it: http://devil.m3047.inwa.net/pub/fw-control/
   5 or 10 minutes to say "everything I know about
   Perl::Tk".

AsimJalis
   MDef (http://mdef.sourceforge.net).
   A system for generating repetitive code using
   self-modifying macros. I will walk through mdef, and
   show you some applications.
   MDef can be used to generate database wrappers,
   object-oriented classes, HTML, and much more good
   stuff.

TimMaher
   Will fill up time left vacant by other speakers, by
   presenting educational excerpts from his vast collection
   of Perl training classes

Pre- and Post- Meeting Activities
---------------------------------
The pre-meeting dinner will be at the Cedars restaurant, at 50th
St. and Brooklyn, in the University District, near the Safeco
building where the meeting will take place. The phone number is
527-5247. If you are planning to be there, please enter your name
on the Kwiki RSVP page by 2pm on the meeting day. (NOTE: Arrival
by 5:45pm is recommended for those ordering food).

Those who comply with the RSVP policy, and are therefore
counted in the seating reservation, will have top priority for
seating at the speaker's table.

-Tim
| Tim Maher (206) 781-UNIX  (866) DOC-PERL  (866) DOC-UNIX   |
| tim(AT)Consultix-Inc.Com  TeachMeUnix.Com  TeachMePerl.Com |