SPUG: coding Win32 right-mouse actions in Perl

Michael R. Wolf MichaelRWolf at att.net
Thu Oct 2 01:15:39 CDT 2003

How do you code the right-mouse events? I'm only really interested in
"open" right now, but I figure that once I've got that, I'll have
"print", too.

This is part of a bigger project -- splitting my non-ASCII[1] email
into various parts then letting my WinDOS laptop DWIM the pieces.
Mostly, that will be running IE on them, since they're mostly HTML,
but it *always* means doing the extension-specific "open" action.

Pointers to doc's or a simple code frag would be great. I don't need
nothin' elaborate. I've read a few FAQ's and Win32 modules, but don't
seem to be digging in the right places. Point me in the right
direction and I'll Read The Fine Manual.

Thanks,
Michael Wolf

Notes:
[1] I'd rather fight than switch, but I've been fighting a loosing
    battle on the ASCII-only email front.  I'm having to devine the
    contents of HTML (and worse) email, and I'm getting tired of
    visually parsing HTML to do so.

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!