SPUG: Osoft guys want to present "OSource Training" product

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.com
Fri Nov 21 13:57:16 CST 2003

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003, Colin Meyer wrote:
>On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 09:55:48AM -0800, Tim Maher wrote:
>> SPUGsters,
>>
>> We have a proposal from a vendor for a talk in December on a new
>> "Standardized training platform" for delivery of "Open Source
>> referenceware, training contentt, and code".
>
>[...]
>
>> Let me know what you think . . . the proposal follows.
>
>If the presentation is about the problem, its difficulties and how they
>were overcome by the use of Perl, then it sounds great. If the
>presentation is about how good their software is, and why I need to use
>it, then I won't attend.
>
>It is unclear from the proposal what sort of talk it will be, though
>it does mention that the software will be offered as an open source
>product.
>
>SPUG has a superb track record of excellent technical talks, with no
>sales pitches. Let's keep it that way!

I agree with this.

I talked to Tim at this week's meeting saying I can do a presentation on
using the CGI::Application, CGI::Session, and HTML::Template packages to
build web-based systems.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

The Constitution is a written instrument.  As such, its meaning
does not alter.  That which it meant when it was adopted, it
means now.
-- SOUTH CAROLINA v. US, 199 U.S. 437, 448 (1905)