SPUG: Template Toolkit problems

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.com
Wed Nov 12 21:56:42 CST 2003

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003, Tim Maher wrote:
>SPUGsters,
>
>I thought I'd whip up a couple of quick websites using the
>Template Toolkit, along with the "skeleton" templates this
>afternoon, rather than doing it all the hard way (as I
>usually do).

What template toolkit, HTML::Template?  I've been doing some work with this
in conjunction with CGI::Application, and CGI::Session, and find it very
easy to use.  The biggest problem is getting into the philosophy that an
HTML page is basically a source of arguments for a class method (e.g. via
CGI query->param()).

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

One man's brain plus one other will produce one half as many ideas as one
man would have produced alone.  These two plus two more will produce half
again as many ideas.  These four plus four more begin to represent a
creative meeting, and the ratio changes to one quarter as many ...
		-- Anthony Chevins