SPUG: Regex that matches everything except a specific string

John Subaykan cansubaykan at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 6 13:28:07 CST 2003

If you have are scanning entries like this where the string you are matching
begins with the same thing (like 'address:' or 'To: ')

address:richard at richard-anderson.org
address:someone at somewhere.com
address:bad at e.mail
address:junk-junk-junk

in this case, you can do:

/address:(?!richard\@richard-anderson.org)/

if you are matching only the email address part, I'm not sure how to use
this method (negative lookahead or lookbehind.