SPUG:checking for newer file on FTP server

Al Garay alpgaray at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 16:10:18 CDT 2003

Hi,

This is my first posting... I'm still a Perl newbie.
So, I figure subscribing here will help improve my
skills.

Trying to check a file on an ftp server to see if it
has changed ... is newer ... than a prior download.

I can see how to use NET::FTP to connect and get the
file. I'm not sure how to do the comparison without
first downloading the file ... I can store a MD5
checksum or use the size of file or date to do the
comparison.

Open to your suggestions,

Thanks,

Al