SPUG:Open Source Recruiters?

Creede Lambard creede at penguinsinthenight.com
Mon May 5 19:06:16 CDT 2003

I had a friend who got onto a temp job with Robert Half, and they and Volt
are the only two agencies that I can really say did anything for me. Hall
Kinion is still around, but they never had much success placing me. I can't
even remember the names of the other agencies I contacted.

As for perm jobs, one of the places Volt placed me at hired me on
permanently, but that only lasted about a year. You probably would do better
to network and do all the "hidden job market" stuff you're supposed to do if
you want to find a permanant job, rather than have a recruiter find one for
you. YMMV of course.

Mostly I use recruiters because I'm willing to let someone else take a cut of
what I could be making in order to place me, rather than to try to market
myself -- something I'm not very good and a job best left to professionals,
IMO.