SPUG:Where can I find win32-GUI documents?

Marc M. Adkins Marc.M.Adkins at Doorways.org
Wed Mar 5 11:19:00 CST 2003

> I've been trying to locate documentation on the win32-GUI package, but I
> haven't had any luck (active state, cpan, dada.perl.it).

http://dada.perl.it/gui_docs/gui.html, but it's kind of sparse.  Seems like
there was more, maybe it comes with the package, maybe I remember wrong.

The CPAN module hasn't had action since 2001, the version on dada.perl.it
has a date of February 2002.  I used it back then and it worked OK.  It
never got out of beta though, so there's a lot of stuff that never quite got
finished.

At this time I'm recommending the wxPerl code, which works with wxWindows, a
cross-platform GUI library.  Both wxWindows and wxPerl are active at this
time.  The only downside is you must acquire or build wxWindows separately,
it doesn't download with wxPerl.

mma