SPUG:Design Pattern study group

Michael R. Wolf MichaelRunningWolf at att.net
Wed Mar 5 00:19:15 CST 2003

I just found out about a group that's studying

  "Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Style",
    by Gamma, Helm, Johnson, Vlissides ("The GoF" (Gang of Four)).

The first meeting is Wednesday, March 5 (tomorrow) at 6:00 (dinner) or
6:30 (study).

It's the second running of the study group and is being run by a
member of the Seattle Java UG.  The previous one was so popular that
it outgrew his Greenwood house and forked an eastside group.  I just
spoke with the host -- he'd be really interested to hear the
perspective of some Perl folks, and how the Patterns relate.

I've done some Perl architecture using this book.  It was the best
architecture I've ever done.

And I just spent some time reading the (building) architecture books
that motivated this (software) architecture book.  The parallels from
our understanding of how to build buildigs has certainly informed the
software industry in some subtle and intricate ways.

Read more information (including driving directions) here: