SPUG:How to bundle images in PDF?

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.com
Mon Jun 30 02:01:31 CDT 2003

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 10:03:44PM -0700, SPUG-list-owner wrote:
>On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 03:15:53PM -0700, Jay Scherrer wrote:
>> I'm suprized to see you use anything but Perl while presenting
>> Perl. I've been using PDF::Create for most all my PDFness. It
>> helps to write PDF files on the fly (and works rather nice). If
>> you check the perldoc's PDF::Create it provides for a media
>> box, but I haven't used it yet.
>> Jay
>
>Well, there is a 3,000 line program I wrote
>that's involved in creating my presentation slides
>(http://teachmeperl.com/mg2mgp.html),  but I don't agree with
>your logic, which according to my understanding, seems to
>dictate that when I'm writing about UNIX, I should be limited
>to using troff to create my presentations! 8-}

Don't laugh.  I've written an mm2docbook filter that translaters from -mm
macros to docbook xml since I find it easier to write that way.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

``The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and
hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins.''
   -- H.L. Mencken, 1923