SPUG:Re: SPUG Aug mtg w/ CGI::Kwiki

William Julien moonbeam at catmanor.com
Sun Jun 29 19:54:57 CDT 2003

>From hydo at mac.com  Sun Jun 29 17:37:27 2003
>Cc: William Julien <moonbeam at catmanor.com>
>From: Clint Moore <hydo at mac.com>
>Subject: Re: SPUG:Re: SPUG Aug mtg w/ CGI::Kwiki
>Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 17:36:53 -0700
>To: spug-list at mail.pm.org
>
>On Sunday, June 29, 2003, at 5:17PM, William Julien wrote:
>>>
>>> Of course, one can try out the Kwiki right now on the Internet.
>>> What's the
>>> difference? We'll get to play with Brian's presentation *while* he's
>>> talking. Now that interactive!
>>
>> Problems: It depends heavily on stylesheets. These did not work on my
>> linux, solaris and irix systems. I hadn't had a chance to test it yet
>> on mac OS/X.
>
>	It works great for me with FireBird and Safari on osx and mozilla on
>linux.  In fact, if my memory serves me right, Ingy was using mozilla
>to test last time I was over at his place.  I could be wrong about that
>though.
>
>-cm

For the record, I'm using netscape 4.8 on irix and netscape 4.7 on solaris
and linux. I guess my point is that the use of stylesheets is a very
system dependant choice.

I run a wiki. I use a patched versions of usemod called nu_wiki. See
<http://http:catmanor.com>. The use of style sheets is very system
dependant because of the fuzzy specs provided by 3c.org. It allowed
a lot of "interpretation" by developers. It is a *bad* choice to imbed
into a wiki.

So far, my impression of kwiwi is that is limited in capability and
highly dependant on the client's browser. Drop all this stylesheet crap
and all that goes away.

William Julien

By the way... What's the URL?