SPUG:CGI header question

Brian Hatch spug at ifokr.org
Thu Jun 19 12:04:23 CDT 2003

> The problem with the expires thing is that I need to know beforehand when
> the file is going to change, and I can't know this.  The system is to
> organize pictures coming out of a digital camera, and one of the functions
> is to spin the picture 90 degrees so it's oriented correctly if the camera
> was held on it's side.  Since this could be done at any time I can't predict
> when the image will change. :(

So, you want the browser to cache the file until it changes, but
you don't know when it's going to change.

So, how do you expect the browser to know when it'll change?  It's
obviously going to need to check each time.

Unless you're using a new "Psychic::Timestamp::Foretell" module
I don't know about.

--
Brian Hatch                  It takes 43 muscles to
   Systems and                frown, and 17 to smile,