SPUG:Networking Group

Michael R. Wolf MichaelRunningWolf at att.net
Thu Jun 12 13:27:34 CDT 2003

Fellow networkers, employed or not,

In order to polish my skills as a full-time networker[1], I've started
attending meetings in West Seattle at the home office of my career
coach. The evening meetings are 2 hours, every other week, with a $20
investment. Although I am working professionally with Sherri, it is
not a requirement for attending the networking meetings.

The next meeting is tonight (June 12, 7-9 pm). I'll be there.

Because Sherri's background is in sales, marketing and staffing, I
have learned a lot that has helped me move my job search forward.
Especially, I'm learning informational interviewing techniques that
are getting me information beyond the superficial level and sales
techniques that give me more control of the hiring cycle. As a techie,
these sales/marketing/staffing skills are not natural to me. They are
hard, but become easier with practice. Although I'm not a big sports
fan (participant or spectator), I see a big value in having an outside
set of eyes to make observations and get me back on the court.

If you're interested, let me know. I can connect you.

Happy Hunting,
Michael Wolf

Notes-
[1] an activity I'm working to move from full-time volunteer status to
part-time paid status as other paid activities fill my schedule.

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!
        MichaelRunningWolf at att.net