SPUG:S (actually S-Plus)

Michael R. Wolf MichaelRunningWolf at att.net
Wed Jun 4 01:47:56 CDT 2003

Michael R. Wolf <MichaelRunningWolf at att.net> writes:

> I guess the -s sitting on the shebang line is getting more work than
> the whole rest of the shebang gang in the NW, sitting on our S...
>
> Heck, if Larry Wall can't get his "s" to work, what hope do the rest
> of us JAPH's have getting our "s" to work?

Actually, I was getting to research SPLUS (from Insightful, a Seattle
company). Anyone know anyone who uses it? Or works there? [1]

Thanks.

P.S. Ingy had mentioned creating an Perl interface to S-Plus at the
most recent MOSS meeting, and I'd been reading a bunch about it while
researching some biotech companies. S-Plus and Perl seem to be good
tools for bio folks - their head's so full of that life science that
their computer science tools have to be easy to use -- for some
definition of "easy" -- they don't need no stinkin C++ (it's got too
many pluses).

[1] If so, let's take it offline.

--
Michael R. Wolf