SPUG:s/ActiveState Perl/Cygwin Perl/ works for shebang lines

Michael R. Wolf MichaelRunningWolf at att.net
Sun Jun 1 21:00:57 CDT 2003

Michael R. Wolf <MichaelRunningWolf at att.net> writes:

> I guess I'm sitting in the stupid gas, I can't see my way out from
> here. I just want to run a perl script on ActiveState perl while in a
> cygwin bash.

I guess I got smart (or lucky). I installed Cygwin Perl. The following
she-bang line now works from bash, from inside emacs, and especially
inside the perldb within emacs.

#! /usr/bin/perl -w

The world is good, let the debugging begin!!!

Michael Wolf

bash-2.05b$ which perl
/usr/bin/perl
bash-2.05b$ echo $PATH
/home/toshiba/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/cygdrive/c/emacs-21.2/bin:/cygdrive/c/Perl/bin:/cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32:/cygdrive/c/WINNT:/cygdrive/c/WINNT/System32/Wbem
bash-2.05b$ perl -v

This is perl, v5.8.0 built for cygwin-multi-64int

Copyright 1987-2002, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'.  If you have access to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.com/, the Perl Home Page.

bash-2.05b$

--
Michael R. Wolf