SPUG: CGI wizard needed

Jeremy G Kahn kahn at cpan.org
Wed Jul 30 15:20:30 CDT 2003

Project Alchemy (http://www.projectalchemy.org/) is looking for some
help in getting a CGI perl script configured on a Linux box, to support
http://poetsagainstthewar.org/

PA is a great organization, helping non-profits (peace, social justice,
environmental activists, etc) get their technological feet under them,
but this is their first foray into the world of Perl and Linux -- a
little help here could make it easy for them.  The project I

Here's what Andy (andy at projectalchemy.org) has to say about the problem
they're facing:

>  I need to get a cgi application that was written in perl up and
>  running on a linux server with a MySQL backend. This is a help desk
>  application that will enable several different volunteers to handle a
>  high volume of incoming email to a specific email address:
>  info at poetsagainstthewar.org. The application is Perldesk, at
>  http://perldesk.com/.
>
>  The application has already been installed on my server, and all the
>  right server settings and installations are there, as far as I can
>  tell. Now, there are a set of things to be done to make it a usable
>  app, and there are a number of little problems to solve to get it up
>  and running. I am looking for a developer who has cgi expertise who
>  can take over and complete the jobof configuring the app for our use.

I don't really have any substantial experience in CGI, so I am not much
help here. Would anybody on SPUG be interested in helping out? Feel free
to contact Andy directly if you're interested, or write me to ask for
more information.

It would be a good contact, and it might be a good way to feel out the
non-profit community to find out who's looking for system administrators
there (networking, ladies and gentlemen, networking).

Hope this is useful for someone...

--j