SPUG: Using HTML as GUI

Brian Hatch spug at ifokr.org
Thu Jul 24 23:54:59 CDT 2003

> About a month ago, I thought of an idea of running a local script-server, as
> opposed to a web server.  The idea behind it is sort of what you are
> describing here.

Explain quickly, however, how this differs from a CGI being accessed
by a web browser.  Since you're outputting to HTML, the browser is
required, so what does this offer that a CGI/PHP/etc enabled server
doesn't?

Not critizing, just trying to understand.

--
Brian Hatch                  "WindowsME is what you would get if
   Systems and                you aborted Windows98 and Windows