SPUG: Giving up on computer jobs

Asim Jalis asim at pair.com
Wed Jul 23 20:40:02 CDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 11:09:47PM -0700, Marc S. Gibian wrote:
> I don't know you, so I don't know how long you've been out of
> school, what degree you have, etc. But, I can make some general
> comments.

This is good advice. It might be interesting to have a SPUG
meeting brainstorming on job searching tips. There is a pattern
for this called the fishbowl in which at most 5 can be on the
stage at any one time.

If anyone wants to ask a question or make a comment he goes to
the stage and the person who has been there the longest leaves.

It's basically a self-organizing panel discussion. I've seen it
work quite well several times.

Asim