SPUG: Giving up on computer jobs

Chris Turan subs at shofixti.webtelic.com
Tue Jul 22 21:04:29 CDT 2003

Hi All,

I've been searching for jobs for several months now.  I've given up on the
computer market and began looking for retail and restaurant jobs.  I've
found that many of those have been taken as well and the employers can
cherry pick who to hire.  Those jobs that aren't taken don't seem to want
to hire me because I've over-qualified and am afriad I'll just leave when
a good job turns up.

Has anyone had similar problems?  Any recommendations?  I'm keeping my
shoulder to the grindstone and am looking.  I was hoping someone might
have something to suggest.  I live in Bellevue and am looking mostly on
the Eastside.  I've been looking mostly in Bellevue so that if they
economic situation doesn't change, I can sell my car and still be able to
walk to work.

Perhaps someone has some ideas I haven't considered yet.

Thanks,
-Chris