SPUG: SPUGwiki Needs Photos, etc.

James Moore james at banshee.com
Tue Jul 22 15:04:42 CDT 2003

I'm somewhat of a lurker (go to the occasional meeting, post rarely).
Chances of me contributing to a wiki are pretty much zero.  Mailing lists
are good, but in general wikis seem like a technology in search of a
problem.

I certainly don't object to other people setting them up, but it doesn't
surprise me that they don't always get that much input.  What does a wiki
buy that a mailing list doesn't have?  (OK, I'll admit that for something
like SPUG I put the utility of pictures and pretty markup right down there
with the three-week-old Indian takeaway in my fridge.)

Am I just missing something basic?

 - James