SPUG: plot frameworks

Fred Morris m3047 at inwa.net
Wed Jul 9 01:13:43 CDT 2003

Anybody know of a ready-to-use plot framework?

I want an X-Y scatterplot, with each point labeled.

I want to be able to save to a file in some sort of graphics format.
PostScript would be nice, bitmaps are ok.

Ideally it takes its data in some sort of array or other structure with the
X and Y coordinates and the label for each point, and pouf -- there's the
window... and maybe a button to save to a file. (I want it all, don't I?)

The Perl Tk Canvas has PostScript output.

I stumbled across blt, which also has some easy support for zooming.. but I
don't know what the Perl support for that is like. I might have to make it
a two-step process, where one program makes the loadfile (or blt/tcl file)
and launches that.

--

Fred Morris
m3047 at inwa.net